Protection for Your Home & Family
Hawaii’s climate is beautiful year round, but sometimes we experience extreme weather, such as tropical storms and hurricanes, that can wreak havoc on homes and commercial properties. The impacts can range from exterior damage to complete structural failure. CoastalGard™ impact-resistant windows and doors are precision-engineered to help minimize these risks and have been rigorously tested and approved to meet or exceed the most stringent building codes required.
In addition to storm protection, CoastalGard™ products provide:
- Increased security protection from intruders, thieves, and vandals
- Substantial solar heat control to allow more light in and reduce heat penetration, providing year-round comfort and energy savings
- Maximum UV protection that blocks 99.9% of the sun’s UV rays, reducing fading of furniture and carpets
- Significant noise reduction to diminish outside noise for a more peaceful and quiet environment inside your home or business
CoastalGard™ is available on these Coastal Windows products:
- 500 Series High Performance Awning windows (Maximum size: 60”W x 32” H)
- 2-Panel 500 Series High Performance Sliding windows (Maximum size: 96” W x 96” H)
- 500 Series High Performance Picture Windows (Maximum size: 60” W x 32” H)
- 2-Panel 500 Series High Performance Sliding Lanai Doors (Maximum size: 96” W x 96” H)
CoastalGard™ – Tested to Perform
To be impact-rated and -certified, CoastalGard™ windows and doors must undergo a rigorous battery of tests by an independent testing lab, including a launch missile impact test. A 9-pound wooden 2-by-4 is launched at speeds of 50 feet per second at the center of the window. While the glass is expected to shatter during these tests, in order to pass, it must remain in the frame. After impact, the windows are subjected to pressures simulating hurricane-force winds. During this five-hour pressure cycling test, the glass must remain in the window frame. These windows have even been tested for missile impact and against pressure cycle tests (ASTM/E1886/E1996), certified to DP-40/DP-45 corresponding to Missile Impact Level “D” and 140 mile-per-hour, Wind Zone 3.
Want to see the CoastalGard™ window being put to the test? Watch the video below.
For more information on how impact-resistant windows and doors can protect your home, take a look at this short video from the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH).
Hurricane season in Hawaii lasts from June 1st to November 30th. It’s critical to be prepared before a storm hits. Coastal Windows is a proud sponsor of the “Homeowners Handbook to Prepare for Natural Hazards” from the University of Hawai‘i Sea Grant College Program.
For more information about protecting your home, download the Homeowner’s Handbook to Prepare for Natural Hazards.
DESIGNED PRECISELY. MANUFACTURED LOCALLY. INSTALLED EXPERTLY.
At Coastal Windows, we take pride in being a locally owned, second-generation family business that specializes in designing and manufacturing a complete line of superior-quality, custom windows and doors in Hawaii.
Let's Get Started!
"*" indicates required fields
Proud members of
Coastal Windows, Inc.
Office, Showroom and Manufacturing
94-533 Puahi Street • Waipahu, Hawaii 96797
Tel: 808.676.0529 • Fax: 808.676.0823