New from Coastal
CoastalGard™ Impact-Resistant Windows & Doors:
Protect your home. Protect your family. Protect your belongings.
In extreme weather conditions, hurricane force winds can wreak havoc – causing window failure that can lead to the catastrophic destruction of homes and property, ranging from weather damage to complete structural failure. Coastal Windows understands the need for protection against these harsh environmental conditions. CoastalGard™ impact-resistant windows and doors are precision-engineered to help minimize these risks, and have been rigorously tested and approved to meet or exceed the most stringent building codes required; ASTM/E1886/E1996 tests for missile impact, as well as pressure cycle tests. They are certified to DP-40/DP-45 corresponding to Missile Impact Level “D” and 140 mile-per-hour, Wind Zone 3.
In addition to storm protection, CoastalGard™ products provide:
- Increased security protection from intruders, thieves and vandals
- Substantial solar heat control – lets more light in and keeps more heat out, providing year-round comfort and energy savings
- Maximum UV protection – blocking 99.9% of the sun’s UV rays to help reduce fading of furniture and carpets
- Significant noise reduction – reducing outside noise for a more peaceful and quiet environment inside your home or business
CoastalGard™ – Tested to Perform
In order to be impact rated and certified, CoastalGard™ windows and doors had to pass a battery of tests by an independent testing lab. The first test is called a launch missile impact test. A 9-pound wooden 2-by-4 is launched at speeds of 50 feet per second at the center of the window, and then again at one of the corners. While the glass is expected to shatter during these tests, in order to pass, it must stay in place and cannot get pushed out of the frame. After impact, the windows are subjected to pressures simulating hurricane-force winds. During this five-hour pressure cycling test, the glass must continue to remain in the window frame.
Want to see the CoastalGard™ window being put to the test? Watch the video below.
For more information on how impact-resistant windows and doors can protect your home, take a look at this short video from the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH).
Contact Coastal Windows for more information about CoastalGard ™ windows and doors.
Huper Optik Ceramic Window Films:
Keep your home’s interior cool and your energy costs down with the latest in window film technology. Coastal Windows is an authorized dealer and certified installer of Huper Optik ceramic window films.
Advantages of Nano Ceramic Window Film:
- Reduce heat, glare, fading and energy costs
- Deflects up to 70% of the sun’s heat, helping to keep the home cool
- Blocks more than 99.9% of UV light rays – the main cause of fading
- Non-reflective films that won’t change color, bubble or peel
- Patented German Technology
- Residential Lifetime Warranty
Contact Coastal Windows for more information about Huper Optik Ceramic Window Films for your residential and commercial applications.
Clear Advantage Insect Screen:
A screening product that offers better visibility without compromising durability.
- Virtually invisible…offers 50% more visibility than standard screens
- Allows 50% more natural light than standard screens and dramatically improves air flow
- Keeps insects out…finer guage screen mesh protects against even the smallest insects
Already own Coastal Windows products? Purchase Coastal Clear Advantage screens for your existing Coastal windows and doors.